project date: 2009
completion date: –
area: 51.030 m2
type: housing + commercial
source: open competition
client: Europan Association
project team: Aljoša Dekleva, Tina Gregorič,
Lea Kovič, Martina Marčan, Daniel Schwartz,
– loosening the edge density towards the cemetery in the north and towards the allotment gardens in the south.
– embedding the axial position of the existing building structure
– opening the wall to the hidden garden
– exploiting the existing green qualities of the site (large green spaces + large trees)- adapting the spatial structure to the small volumes of allotment gardens with small scale add-ons- top houses with the roof garden. One or several basic units
– clusters form a living island
– a micro neighbourhood with a clearly allocated open space and unique identity on several levels.